Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cuckoo

This afternoon, at around two, I heard my first
Cuckoo.
Just a couple of calls and then it flew
But it helped speed away my 'flu!
Sorry for corny rhymes, I blame it on my head being full of nasty stuff which is leaking out of orifices...
Today was the first day I went up to the monte since I got ill.  I took Laura and Isabella, who haven't been there since last summer.
Isabella called for her gardening tools straight away and then got down to digging and raking.  Laura sat on the straw bale in the evening sun looking beautiful.  We could hear crickets.  And some of the potatoes have started to emerge from the soil.  Yippee!
And the other exciting thing is that Isabella can pedal her bike.  We're very proud of her.
she fell off it this afternoon and watched as we peeled off her tights and saw two beads of blood on one knee.  She would never be able to walk!  No school tomorrow! But eating her first kiwi fruit distracted her and soon she went to show off her wound to Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment