Thursday, March 8, 2012

dreaded lurgy...

Finally I succumbed to the 'gripe' that's been gripping the population of Sao Luis.  I stayed in bed with my head feeling as though it was caught in a giant garlic crusher.  At least I can see the sky and the hill behind the house from my bed.  I watched the nieghbour build a shed.  I LOVE sheds and building!
Spring is in the air.  Swallows nesting in our ruin.  Trees have catkins and other strange tufty bits.  It's all so exciting, and it always is, every year.  Even though we've had almost nonstop sunshine all winter, the strange dryness and the extreme cold at night have been a drain, so now, to walk about in shirtsleeves and without a scarf it bliss.  We haven't lit a fire in the woodburner this evening as it's not cold.
 Here's a pic of my room.

Hopefully, I will be fully recovered by tomorrow and back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment