Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rain!


OK just a shower but desperately needed.  I was out walking the hills near the windmill with a friend and my old dog, Ginger.  I've got so used to no rain that I wasn't wearing a coat.  At first it was just black clouds, and I said nah, it's not going to rain until October....  We walked up a dusty track and a small puppy decided to follow us.  Then a large family of pigs came bundling out of an old mud-built shed and sniffed the air.  They all pee-ed outside.  House trained pigs!  Then they followed us.  When the rain began we turned back, but the puppy didn't want to stay with it's mum.  He kept following us.  Enentually I found a piece of old bailing twine and tied him up next to his mum.  By the time we got back to the car the sun was beginning to shine again but there was more black sky in the South West, where the rain usually comes from.  When we reached Sao Luis the roads were dry.  The rain that soaked us on our walk hadn't fallen on this side of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment