Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I slept with a tree frog

.  The other night I stayed in the new, improved, bender, with Ginger (my dear old dog).  As I was getting ready to tuck myself into the mosquito net I found a sweet green tree frog sitting on the curtain.  They are so beautiful.  The way their legs tuck into the sides of their body. It jumped onto a frying pan hanging by the cooker and stayed there while I took flash photos of it.  Didn't even blink.  What a cool character.  Who needs a prince when you can have this for company?
  I also found a huge rubbery spider, but I chose to put him out, although I'm sure he made his way back in later.
  I have had a few days off the cobbing as I am getting a bit sick of it.  Well, not the putting on, but the mixing of the stuff.  It is hard work!  And in this heat.  No fun.  But I am very nearly finished.  Next is to cover the dome in a lime render.
 Me being a builder

 My frog prince
 A typical country view

  Laura and Nuno and Isabella had a great party to celebrate their engagement.  We could hear music and drumming after we went home, across the road, late into the night!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment