Thursday, August 9, 2012

Most sensible folk take August Off!

Yup, it's just too darn hot.  We got up early this morning and it was delightfully cool and fresh for an hour.  Then the blazing heat made us sweat our shirts off.  The mud is going on well.  Nearly done.  It's too hot for me to go and get the camera to upload some photos.  Sorry.  But believe me it looks great - Like some weird lumpy haystack!
It's even too hot on the beach, but in the late afternoon it is deliscious.  The other day we went and watched the moon rise on Malhao beach.  Just ourselves on the big stretch of sand.  The tide was so low it was scary.  We drank a beer and listened to the sea as it began to make it's way up the beach.  Cool .
Here's the weird and wonderful spider bender I'm building.. using rebar, chickenwire and cob.  It needs reinforcement so I've put it on hold until I've finished the earthbag dome.
Last weekend we had 'Tasquinas' in Sao Luis.  This is an annual three day event up by the junta, where restaurants and bars set up outdoor kitchens and the whole area is laid out with long tables and chairs and the people from all over come and eat and drink and talk and dance in the cool night air.  A lovely atmosphere and good food and yummy sangria.
 Here are Lura and Isabella making a tree trunk for Isa's ballet show.
Yoga... I need to get back into yoga.  I've been telling myself that I work so physically at the moment that I don't need it, but I do.  I miss it so.  It's more than a physical thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment