Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fungi and fun days


It looks like a Spanoish Flamenco dress, but it's a fungi that grows on eucalyptus stumps, especially after rain in the Autumn.  I was driving to Odemira and had to stop and take a picture of one.  They are beautiful.


Her is a pic of the kitchen I have installed. Doesn't look like much, but I put it in myself so I'm rather proud.  I made sure that the sink slopes a little because I am so sick of draining boards that don't drain.  I have whitewashed the walls since then so it looks more domestic...


I had a girls' day out during the week.  We went to Sines,  I always forget how pretty the old town is.  The winding road lined with palm trees that goes down to the bay and harbour, which is also lined with palm trees. There is a good cafe by the castle which does good patisserie and of course, there's the adega with so friendly people and darn good barbequeued chicken and pork. We managed to get wool for weaving, and I bought a stove for the 'ruin'.  On our way back to the car I spotted these hands and thought they were worth recording.



Laura came up to the land one day, to take photos of her latest things... Bunting!  They are beautifully made and fun to see hanging from the olive trees.  It was rather overcast but look at those lovely clouds.  Then on Saturday we, Laura, Isabella and myself, went to the beach at Milfontes and ended up doing a photo shoot there, too, as the light was much better.  The beach was almost deserted and the tide was high. We hadn't planned to swim, but eventually we ended up stripping off and diving in!


No comments:

Post a Comment