Sunday, January 13, 2013

More Digging and Being at Home


 A beginning picture. R doing the work of a digger. When you start something big like this it feels almost overwhelming... but slowly, steadily, the space is being created.



Nearly there.  All the subsoil has gone on a pile for more earthworks at a later date.


This morning as I was contemplating the view' I thought I want to Paint!' So I did some sketches of these pots and the big view of the hills... Last night as I was surfing the'net I found an artist called Barbara Rae and was blown away by her work. Also Elizabeth Blackadder, another lovely painter.  Funny they are both from Scotland.  I want to paint but by the time I finally got the paint out it was getting dark.... I made a cake with chocolate icing instead. The corridor of creativity as Monica says.


My favourite olive tree being pruned.


And here's a little thing I made. Felt with wool embroidery.



Here is the no-dig raised bed with onions planted. It rained heavily today so that will help them settle in.


A glimpse of our rural bliss/mess

All in all, a good, creative time for us up on the hill. The sheep have lambs and I'm hoping to get more fleeces this year to finish insulating the roof of the big room (above)

No comments:

Post a Comment