Monday, November 11, 2013

Autumn Chores


I finally went down to the chestnut trees and found the floor covered in chestnut husks holding onto their nuts... Ouch, they are prickly. I picked a bucket full. I think that a lot of them have been invaded by a worm, but I will try and preserve some. It is very lovely down in the trees. They are so tall, you wouldn't believe it looking from the top. The sun was low in the sky and slanting through the brown
ing leaves. 


Of course, Bonnie came too. She slept on my jersey and I carried her up on top of the full bucket afterwards.


The greenhouse, with Laura modelling her baby wrap. It's a long strip of stretchy stuff which you wrap around yourself and then pop the baby in. It's very comfy, I had a go the other day.

The plants in the greenhouse seem to like it in there. I have put in a stray tomato seedling and a small pepper plant.  I have also put in lettuce seeds in some potting compost cos it's 25 degrees there, everyday. Surely they will grow?


I have been digging and putting in cabbage seedlings, and spinach, and lamb's lettuce, etc. The weather has been delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment