Friday, June 27, 2014

Rain and More Mud Tales

 
Slowly, cob by cob, the wall gets higher. I am amazed at my persistence! I get so excited by the next 'row' that I have to get on and do it. (Like knitting, for anyone who finds knitting like that).

We had some bad weather last week. Real rain and thunder and lightening. The 'elephant tank' filled up and R emptied it into the big tank. We have a system that works! I was worried about how the wall would fair with all the heavy rain, but it was fine. The straw in the cob leads the water away from the mud. Brilliant.

The bales have arrived and the one I'm using for the cob has brambles in it. I feel that is a bit cheeky. I have plenty of brambles here already. Not nice for cobbing so I have to pull them out. Ouch! I hope the rest of the bales are good ones.


This is rather a sorry picture of a niche I'm making using an Irish whisky bottle. It looks much better now that I've made an arch over it. Really!


I couldn't resist taking a photo of the dark clouds just before the rain. Such a novelty in the summer.


Here is a picture of dawn after the rain.

The garden is suffering a bit from neglect as I spend all my time and energy on the site, but we had our first tomato tonight, chopped up with a red onion and some garlic... yummy. The sweet corn has tassels and the beans are producing pods. Strawberries appear and ripen one by one which is nice for a passing snack. Ah, this is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment