Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sun and sweat - Summer in Alentejo


Bobby in the doorway of my studio, which is nearly roofed. I have got up the cane and have been battening it down using lath and left overs from R's carpentry. Nailing is not my strong point so a lot of explosive cursing across the valley as I miss or bend nails....

It has been really hot which makes it so hard to work, but I feel the need to press on before the weather starts to dampen.


I didn't have enough cane so I have put rabbit wire on the side and covered it in a straw-rich mud. Works fine. I have never done a roof before, on my own, and I'm rather proud of its wavy way... 



It's so nice to go in and feel that I am in a room. My very own room!


It was Laura's birthday on Sunday so we all went to Campilhas to have a picnic in the shade of the cork oaks, looking out to the water. The water was lovely for swimming, even though there was a motor boat and a jetski whizzing about some of the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment