Friday, December 5, 2014

Winter Time

The days are short and the nights are spent cosy by the stove, knitting, cruising the 'net, watching the puppy play fight with Bonnie. I might even get the spinning wheel out.
We had a lot of rain and our big water tank is now full. Everywhere is very green and parasol mushrooms are popping up all over the place. And the sun has come back. So nice to sit on the step and feel the winter warmth.

Dawn 
R is back and he has cut down (severely pruned back) the olive that blocked the view and the sun. He has also dug holes for the new fruit trees and nut trees that we bought from Agroforestry Research Trust. Such good quality trees and service. It might seem mad to order trees from England, but we are really pleased with the ones we got last year. Well worth it.
During the really foul weather, when we had strong southerly winds bringing a lot of rain, I was worried about the studio. Every morning I would look down the hill to check it was still there and not melted into the ground. I can't believe how sturdy that building is. It's completely dry inside, and warm. I love to go down there and just sit in the winter sun and tell myself I did this!

The Studio

Cosy and Dry Inside
We had Billy and Geena over for a brief visit. So lovely to see my boy and his lovely girlfriend. We had lunch on the patio and all took turns to hold the puppy.

Puppy Love!
Bonnie and ?
I hope there is someone who is looking for a delightful little dog to come and live with them as he is getting to be the right age for giving away.

Still short of feathers for the Christmas presents.... I found the evidence of a fox taking a neighbour's duck up by the windmill. Lots of feathers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment