Monday, March 2, 2015

A little bit of Spring in the air

The winter seemed to last forever, this year. Always putting on coat and scarf AND gloves! But now, at last the days are warming up. The trees are beginning to blossom and the birds are going crazy. Who doesn't love Spring?
I have been quite busy building the compost loo and getting the garden going, planting more potatoes, and other stuff, away from the farm.



 I have got up to head height now and built in two bottle niches. I am plastering as I go, at least on the inside. It dries with a few thin cracks which I rub out while it is still soft. Love working with mud. Makes me feel so good!





I have been dabbling in oils and this was hard, trying to get all the whites and greys. But great to do. To get lost in form and colour.






Of course, the real thing is beautiful. Calendula and lavender from the garden.




 Last weekend I went with Laura and Olivia to Evora countryside to babysit while Laura did her doula thing. Olivia started to say my name... Bangy! Love it!

It's good to go and see a slightly different landscape and meet new people. It's great to come home to a very happy little dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment