Saturday, July 2, 2016

To A Wedding in the Western Isles

I have been away, visiting Scotland. I had the pleasure of my oldest grand daughter for company. How lovely it is to travel with an eight-year-old. We drove to Lisbon in the early morning, got the plane to Edinburgh and then caught a train to Inverness. We spent the time on the train looking for rabbits (lots), sheep (quite a lot) and deer (some). There was even some patches of snow on the mountains. Arrived at my family's home around 9pm.

It is so green in Scotland, and the sheep are so white due to the constant washing from the rain! Not the dusty clay-red beasties we have in Alentejo.


We travelled over to the west coast for an Island wedding. Kilts and Scottish dancing, bagpipes and fiddles. Isabella was danced by her glorious big cousins. There was no darkness. We went home after midnight in the pale night light.


Now we are back in hot, sunny, dry Alentejo. I love Scotland, but this is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment