Monday, October 16, 2017

Dag-ends and Dangle-berries

The nights are drawing in. There is still no rain.

Clouds!

The Roof

Wool Insulation

I have been sorting out and fluffing out two huge bags of local sheep's wool for the insulation of my new kitchen and bedroom.

Dealing with dag-ends and dangle-berries is not a problem for me, having been brought up on a farm with sheep and sheering and other 'mucky' stuff.

So I put it all into smaller feed sacks and staple them onto the lath on the roof.
Next, the waterproof layers, then the straw and old roof tiles around the edge. Sounds simple, but it means going up a long ladder carrying stuff.

I can't wait for this part to be done!

There is talk of rain.

Granddaughter #2 had her fourth birthday on the weekend and we had a great feast in a lovely place, full of trees and plants, grass and playground. The 'Parque das Aguas' is perfect for lunch parties.


No comments:

Post a Comment