Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Nearly Sixty


It's amazing to think that in January 2014 I began to build a cob house, Just using my hands and basic tools and a book. (The Hand Sculpted House by Ianto Evans.)

Since then I have been busy building with mud and loving it.

I was going to post some before and after photos but the computer doesn't want to cooperate so instead I will just have to write about this building experience.

It has given me so much more than just a roof over my head. Through thinking and working at my own pace I have learned to trust my judgment and to make decisions. That feels really good.

I have helped others and learned that that is fun, too!

Now I have a beautiful kitchen and bedroom and the original studio, where I am sitting now, with the stove lit and the dog next to me on the sofa.

And it has rained! Not much but enough to water the onions I planted this morning. Yes, I have actually had time to garden again. This summer was manic and so hot that the garden had to take third place, but now that the ground has softened it's easy to dig and all the coutch grass comes out easily. There is a lot of it. I am going to put it on my green roofs. Why not?

Tonight will be my first night in my new bedroom. I haven't got a proper front door yet but have nailed up a blanket. It will do fine as it is not cold, just a bit damp.

Next month I will be sixty! 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica, glad to hear about the extension of the studio! When exactly is your birthday? I'm having a baby in two weeks, so it's possible you'll share the day of birth :) warm greeting from CZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! How lovely to hear from you and to hear your news!
      I still have the little dream catcher you made out of olive twigs. I love it.
      Have a beautiful experience and enjoy motherhood.
      A big hug from me :)

      Delete