Monday, January 22, 2018

Pizza Oven

My Cob Kitchen

What I'm Working On Now
My Homemade Home
I gave myself a month off and by January I was ready to get on with stuff. I know that now that I have moved into my new bit of house I may never 'finish' it! There is still plastering to do inside, and the earthen floor, and all the outside needs rendering, too. But not now...
Now I am building a pizza oven for my neighbours. I picked up lots of big stones that have been ploughed up on the nearby hill. Put them in the back of the car and took them to the site. Then I built the plinth, dry stone style, and filled the top layer with earth, bottles and sand on top of which went the firebricks. After lots of digging earth for the cob and lots of hauling sand to make a mould, I have put it all together and it is beginning to look quite good. I am waiting for the cob to set before I remove the sand mould. Photos to follow!

Soon the swallows will return!

No comments:

Post a Comment