Wednesday, February 15, 2012

building

I'm mad about building!  It's the idea of making a new space that excites me. 
This week I'm making a semi-permanaent bender to house the compost loo.  Today I put up the basic structure and then started to weave cling film, taken from builders' merchants, where it is used to protect pallet loads of cement and all sorts of other stuff.  Anyway, there is a lot of it and it can be tricky and sticky, but it's beginning to take shape...
It felt warm in the shelter of the brambles and olive trees.  A blackbird kept me company.  Oh, and Ginger, who is always nearby, snoozing.  It has been so cold and dry that I get electric shocks from the car.  (Must be the fleece, creating static.)
Here is a photo of the first bender I made, a shelter from the sun and a place to store the tools.
The new solar hot water system is working a treat.  We have had non-stop hot water since it was installed.  Since it has been a very sunny winter there is no shortage of solar energy, but we have had no rain for months... Not good for the farmers and gardeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment