Sunday, April 22, 2012

spring flowers


How can I weed when the 'weeds' are these beautiful  scarlet and blue pimpernels, and this exquisite little red wild pea?  It's truly Spring now, and the flowers are always amazing and every year I am excited by their beauty and their bountifulness.
And here's a small view from the garden.  I love the sheep around the cork oaks.  It's hazy and warm and the air is full of the sound of birds calling.  Nightingales, blackbirds, stonechats, finches, sparrows, cuckoos.  Heaven on Earth.
Yesterday I took Isabella to the beach at Malhao.  We met up with Gail and her dogs and walked along the empty shore.  Low tide.  A flock of seagulls flew in a 'v' formation which was fun to point out to Isa.  'Muitas gaivotas' . Ah yes, she's my talking dictionary.  It's great to learn a language from a four year old! (Actually, I did know what a seagull is in Portuguese, but she does help me with lots of the language.)
We sat on some big round rocks and Isa played with her spade and some found stuff. a stick, a fishing float.  Water in a plastic bottle.  The sun came out and here we were on the beach, hot, sunny.  With just a few fishermen on some rocks.  Surrounded by nature.  :)
And finally, a bouquet, picked along the road from our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment