Sunday, February 24, 2013

A mixed bag


Another wonderful sunrise, over the mist.

It has been a week of fearful weather... rain and strong winds, but also lovely days when the temperature feels just right for planting good things to eat. All the seeds I put in the ground germinated straight away!
                                                                           And here, clouds being born...

Busy bee. It's all beginning to happen.


Some pigs I met on a lovely walk I took near our monte

Here is what our bit of land looks like from another high hill...


I love these deserted houses, dotted about the place. This one is in a small valley, with a few other houses nearby, also deserted, but the orange trees are still bearing fruit. Great for a refreshing snack on a walk.


I made two loaves of bread, from spelt I ground in the hand mill, and cooked on top of the wood burner. Very tasty.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes, I changed the security and stuff. Have you got a blog> I must check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. I admire your fortitude. Thank you for sharing bits of your life and the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete