Monday, February 24, 2014

February is a Hard Month

Every year I forget how challenging the months of January and February are. The rain keeps coming, just when I think it is drying up enough to order the gravel and sand for my studio. The mud stays sticky and slippery. I have got fed up with knitting and craft work... I want to get on with my building project! Sigh. Still, I have been collecting more rocks for the foundations and still need lots more.


This is a photo I took when all the big wet clouds went away to the east and I thought, ah, good bye rain, but it was a false hope as they sneaked round the back and squeezed themselves out once again.

I had a nasty cold last week which has knocked me back a bit.


Here is a cardi I knitted for Olivia, using scraps and oddments of wool.

The garden is producing green stuff. We have lamb's lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, and pak choi i nearly ready. The coriander is coming up and the peas have pods, but not enough sun to fill them with yummy peas.

My green house was blown to bu##ery in the storms, the plastic torn. I will have to reconsider the situation when the weather calms down. I do have some tomato seedlings coming up, and a courgette, I noticed. I have put them outside as it is not so cold.

So that's the story of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment