Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Room Of My Own!

I couldn't wait any longer! I loaded up the wheel barrow and teetered down the steep narrow path to the studio. R stood in the doorway roaring with laughter... Perhaps it was an amusing sight.

He helped me carry down the treadle sewing machine. Neither of us were laughing then. It is very heavy and awkward. We took a few breaks, but finally, it is in place. I put some cardboard under the feet so as not to make too deep dents in the floor.

Then we took the table down.
I went up and down the path quite a few times today. It was cold and windy so I got nice and warm.

 I lit the fire. It was very smoky to start. Cold chimney.

 I love the effect of the carpet. It looks so homey. The mice have had a nibble of one end, but who cares. All this space, just for me! I played tag with Bonnie on the carpet.

Then I put my art books on the table and stood up the easel. The fire began to draw and throw out some heat. It felt so good I just had to do something so I set up the sewing machine and got going!

The light poured down from the window. North- ish. Perfect. I oiled the machine a few weeks ago so it is going beautifully.
The chair made a dint in the floor but I will fill it in later. The mud putty I made has worked really well. It has gone hard and smooth. Like it.
Bonnie on the Sofa
The other news is that Bobby has gone to Germany. I hope he has a wonderful life there. The farmer has asked for an outrageous amount of money and no proof and we see that he is trying to cheat the ignorant, rich, estrangeiros. I am a bit shocked and sad about this. We shall see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment