Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer time blues

This heat is beginning to get to me.
The walls are hot. The floor is hot. The car is like a cooker. The earth is baked hard and cracking. It did actually rain a little the other night but it made not a jot of difference, except the solar panels and the car looked a bit less dusty. I am dreaming of rain and wellies and lighting the fire.




It's so nice when good friends come and visit and drag me off to relax by cool water under the leafy trees by the 'secret' pools. We spent a whole afternoon being lazy and eating fruit and occasionally slithering into the water to refresh.

The garden is almost bare, just a few tomatoes, which are looking rather good, and some peppers and strawberries and the odd cabbage. I am getting ready to put in a few lines of drip irrigation to see if it works better than standing with a hose. Now that the beds have goat manure dug into them stuff should grow...

I am inspired by a photo I saw of a pod bed room and think I would like to make one on the other side of the studio... but I do have a chicken house to build first. When the weather has cooled a little I will get the stones and then throw one up. I am hoping that someone may come and volunteer with me and help.

Meanwhile, we just have to sweat it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment