Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Velvet June

Summer has been switched on. Suddenly. Finally. The temperature has been very pleasant. The warm wind a friend visiting described as being like velvet. Exactly.

I did some of the wood around the edge of the house. It looks so much better. I will need help to do the west side as it is quite high up and I don't have enough hands, to hold the ladder, hold the wood, hold the drill and the screws, etc.






I also made the south bit of roof over-hang more and built a balcony. Cute! I have two kittens and they love to run about on the balcony and the grass roof.

I have started on the kitchen floor. It is going on quite well. Just 2 cm of cob. In this weather it is drying just right. not too fast and not too slow.


I was doing a bit of burnishing with a beach pebble in the evening and found a snake hissing and threatening in a corner, so I decided to stop for the night and hope it would go away. It did. The kittens were fascinated by it.





Laura and Isabella and Sarah came to visit and we went to see the neighbour's horse and foal. Such a pretty one.


There are foot prints on the new floor, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment