Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Simply Hot

New House Mates 

I never had cats before these two sisters came to live with me. They are fun. They love to crawl under carpets, climb into bags, climb up the cob walls and chase each other at great speed through the house.
Family Fun
I love that my stairs are good for sitting on.

Summer Landscape
 The land has got that dry brown summer look. We had a few days of scorching weather last week. Scary. My heart goes out to the people of Monchique who have suffered from the huge, fierce fires.

Polishing Earthen floor
I finally found the strength to do the earthen floor and am now in the process of polishing it. I painted it with the red earth from the top of the hill and now as the polish goes on it is beginning to look like terra cotta. Lovely, even though it is full of CAT foot prints....

Bonnie is not thrilled with the new arrivals but tolerates them.

No comments:

Post a Comment