Friday, August 24, 2012

Mud, Glorious Mud


I know, It just looks like a heap of mud.  Well, it is!  Now I'm building a gutter around it, near the top, to take rainwater away from the back of the building.  It is so nice to work with.  Also doing the finishing touches, to smooth out the dips and humps a bit.  Then, the lime render.  More mixing in the wheel barrow.  Sigh.

I have been to the beach, with Laura, Isabella and Monica and Simone.  Had a lovely morning
swimming and playing in the cool air down by the sea.  When we left at one-ish we could feel the heat as we left the beach.  Phew.  It is very relaxing just to be at sea level and watch people and tide lines.

R has gone to UK. He left this morning.


It was Laura's birthday today.  She came in to my house wearing the dress Isabella and Nuno had bought for her, and her new shoes, looking like a fashion model.  Later we all went out to eat in the local restaurant and I brought the cake I'd made earlier (peaches and cream) which we shared with the folk at the other table and the family in the kitchen. Happy birthday, darling daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment