Saturday, July 4, 2020

40 degrees Outside!

Today is one of those days... I did a bit of work outside in the early morning while the air was still fresh. I picked a few ripe tomatoes and earthed up some leeks. Ate a physalis fruit. Gave some to the Guinea pigs. I love the Guinea pigs. They welcome me in the morning with joyful squeals and leap to the underneath of the bench to nibble on the goodies I give them.
Then I came indoors to retreat from the heat. Where I am now in my sitting room .My feet are actually cold and the room is about 25 degrees. Feels like a fridge in comparison to the outside.
I washed my laundry by hand and hung it out to dry. Probably roasted stiff by now.
My garden is a bit of a jungle of grass and tomatoes. The sunflowers and the giant artichokes were fab but now they are over. Birds sit on the dried stems and peck out the seeds. The peach tree that seeded itself from the compost is full of fruit. I will pick them very soon, before they all fall off, full of worms, and make jam. I sowed some French beans, a bit late, but under some straw, and they have come up. They are so much more tasty than the ordinary green beans (sometimes called 'string' because basically that's what they taste like!)
The Millpond

Keeping Cool
Cool Atlantic Breeze

Writing About Oak

No comments:

Post a Comment