Tuesday, March 15, 2022

I lost the blog plot

 I've been doing lots of thinking and trying to figure out how to make changes without making too much change! 'Tis the nature of the beast... I thrive on change. I love to have a new challenge. 

These last two years have been weird and challenging in some ways. 

I thought it would be fun to buy a van and do it up to go visit other places. I've spent a few months playing around with wood and cork and hessian and made a cosy home on wheels.


I've taken it out to some lovely places nearby to practice sleeping and living in it. I love it. I love the minimalism. I love the outdoors being one step away. I love the changing views. Last weekend I went to a groovy place near Ilha de Pesseguiero, behind the old fort, and spent 24 hours with a big flock of crows!



I am also making the old compost loo room into a shower room. I found a shower base by the rubbish bins and that triggered me into action. I have cobbed it in and now I just need to finish the plumbing.

I think the oldest guinea pig has gone... She was much older than the normal lifespan of a gp, and she had a lovely life. I  miss her.

So now it's the beginning of spring. We hardly had winter. Very little rain, which is worrying. But everything is beginning to burst into bloom. 

Such an exciting time of year. I have prepared a few beds and sewn some rocket and carrots. (Always the optimist). Let's see what happens. With the price of fuel going up so much I may not be travelling far in my van, but this is such a beautiful country I can mooch around locally.


1 comment:

  1. Living and travelling in a van is a lifestyle for many people out this way. I thought of it for awhile but love my creature comforts in a stationary home. Summers though I pretend I am a van dweller and camp out in my minvan across Canada. Yours looks so cozy! Have fun on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete